About Haiti Health Ministries
The primary purpose of Haiti Health Ministries is to show the love of Christ to the lost and to strengthen the body of Christ in Haiti. We accomplish this by means of our medical ministry and outpatient medical clinic in Gressier, Haiti. We have a captive audience both in the waiting area and in patient rooms. We endeavor to present the Gospel first and foremost and subsequently follow up with discipleship training. Patient education, community health education and screening, training and encouraging national medical workers, as well as caring for indigent patients are all a part of our ministry and used to strengthen and encourage Haitian believers and to witness Christ’s love to non-believers.
What We believe : Statement of faith
We Believe In:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit–full of love and glory. (Deuteronomy 4:39; 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21; 2 Samuel 23:2 )
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath. (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7; 3:3-4; Romans 1:18-32; 3:10-23; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord. (John 1:14-18; Acts 1:11; Romans 3:24-26; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 2:17-18; Revelation 20:11-15)
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (John 1:12; 3:16; 5:24; 14; 6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; 5:8; 1Corinthians 15:1-4; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-7; Hebrews 10:10-12; 1John 5:11-13)
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service. (John 3:1-8; 15-16; 16:4-15; 1 Corinthians 12; Galatians 5:16-25; Ephesians 1:13-14; 5:18-21)
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world. (Matthew 16:13-28; 28-18-20; Acts 2:41-47; 4:1-16; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Ephesians 2:19-22; 4:11-13; Hebrews 10:23-25; 1Peter 5:1-3)
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life. (Matthew24-25; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:20-28; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Revelation 20:1-4)
What We Achieve : Clinic life
Haiti Health Ministries manages the HHM Medical Clinic just outside of Gressier, Haiti. Our original clinic was completely destroyed in the earthquake of 2010. Three years later, after purchasing land for a new location and construction on a new earthquake and hurricane resistant buildings, HHM now operates in a beautiful new clinic and includes patient care, patient education, laboratory, pharmacy, sonography, radiology, and minor surgery. We see about 150-200 patients per day or about 40,000 patient visits per year. The clinic has a staff of both expatriate and Haitian doctors, nurse practitioners, and prenatal/wound care consultants who do patient care.
The clinic sees patients suffering from tropical infections like malaria and cholera, injuries from accidents, diabetes, hypertension, as well as normal prenatal and pediatric care. Patients who are seriously ill or needing surgery are transported or referred to nearby hospitals for admission. Patients are never turned away because of inability to pay.
Evangelism is the most enduring part of the clinic’s ministry. The Gospel message is presented clearly to the patients and their families daily. Those who accept Christ receive a New Testament and are referred to local evangelical churches.